Skip to main content

A Picture for Spring

With spring here this is a great picture to make with your little one.  I had Hasan make this picture but it was nowhere near spring when we made it.  We used the method from the Cotton Ball Snowman to make the clouds.  To make the petals on the flowers we used the method from the Scrunched Tissue Paper Flowers.  Hasan used a dot marker to colour in the grass but you can use crayons or paint.  I drew the picture with a pencil and had Hasan do the rest!


Materials Needed:
Blue Construction Paper
Cotton Balls
Tissue Paper (I cut small squares from some streamers)
3 Green Craft Sticks
Dot Markers
Glue
Paint Brush for spreading the glue around

How To:
Draw the outline of the picture.

Colour in the grass using dot markers (or anything else you would prefer to use).  Glue on the craft sticks for the stems.  Next scrunch up the tissue paper and glue them on the flower.  I had Hasan brush some glue on and then scrunch up the tissue paper and put them on.

Spread glue where the clouds are (Hasan used a paint brush to do this).  Stretch out the cotton balls and put on top of the glue.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Craft Stick Fish

I saw this craft in Easy Fun Crafts with Everyday Items .  I have a bunch of craft sticks and it looked very simple.  In the book they used bigger sticks...mine were the size of Popsicle stick.  I didn't have enough of one colour so I mixed it up.  I let Hasan pick the colours.  We glued a couple of magnets on the back and Hasan gave it to his Nani (maternal grandmother).

Styrofoam Pounding

It's been a long time since I posted anything on this blog.  Things over at  Chocolate & Chillies have been keeping me busy.  I wanted to share with you this activity I did with my boys.  A while ago my friend was visiting from Louisiana and she had her kids doing this activity. It's very simple and kids love it.  It is kids banging golf tees into a piece of styrofoam.  I wouldn't do this with a large group of kids because it can get dangerous.  I had trouble pulling out some of the pounded in golf tees.

Toilet Paper Roll Octopus

I saw this craft a long time ago and thought it would be good to do with Hasan.  It's pretty simple and I've seen it on numerous websites .  The hardest thing for Hasan was waiting for the paint to dry.  We completed it in two days because Bilal woke up early from his nap after Hasan was done painting.