Skip to main content

Clay Dish

I feel so horrible.  Hasan made this for his teacher.  For the first 2 months of Senior Kindergarten he has had a supply teacher.  I was taking pictures for the blog of this dish.  I wanted to try to get rid of the shadows and while I was doing this I dropped the camera on the dish.  I am so upset.  I can't believe I did that.  I've tried gluing it together but it looks horrible and is not staying together.  I think Hasan is going to be upset.  We have no time to make a new dish and no time to go shop for something else.....




I hope Hasan isn't too mad....This is my unsuccessful attempt at trying to put it back together.


When I picked Hasan up from school I asked his teacher if she would be around the following week and she said she would.  In the car I told Hasan I broke the dish and I was so sorry.  He was okay with it.  I told him we will make another one for his teacher and he said he didn't want to.  He didn't want his hands to get dirty.  He hates doing anything that will make his hands dirty.  Finger painting is not his thing.  If he gets a little bit of glue on his hands he has to clean it up right away.  I told him I would help him and his hands won't get dirty.  So we made another one.  It was a bit different and I totally forgot to take a picture of it.  When we gave it to the teacher she said she was going to be around for another month.

I saw this at Lisa Storms.  You can head over to her blog for more detailed instructions.  Her clay dishes look amazing.  I used Crayor Air Dry Clay (white).  I found this to be pretty fragile.  It took a couple of days for it to dry.  I don't know if the baked clay is less fragile.

Comments

  1. Hi! =) I just tried dropping one of my oven-bake clay dishes on the ground and it didn't break at all ... feels very strong. I've never used the air dry clay before, so thanks for the warning!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Craft Stick Fish

I saw this craft in Easy Fun Crafts with Everyday Items .  I have a bunch of craft sticks and it looked very simple.  In the book they used bigger sticks...mine were the size of Popsicle stick.  I didn't have enough of one colour so I mixed it up.  I let Hasan pick the colours.  We glued a couple of magnets on the back and Hasan gave it to his Nani (maternal grandmother).

Toilet Paper Roll Octopus

I saw this craft a long time ago and thought it would be good to do with Hasan.  It's pretty simple and I've seen it on numerous websites .  The hardest thing for Hasan was waiting for the paint to dry.  We completed it in two days because Bilal woke up early from his nap after Hasan was done painting.

Styrofoam Pounding

It's been a long time since I posted anything on this blog.  Things over at  Chocolate & Chillies have been keeping me busy.  I wanted to share with you this activity I did with my boys.  A while ago my friend was visiting from Louisiana and she had her kids doing this activity. It's very simple and kids love it.  It is kids banging golf tees into a piece of styrofoam.  I wouldn't do this with a large group of kids because it can get dangerous.  I had trouble pulling out some of the pounded in golf tees.